13 December 2009

The Best Holiday Films

What else is there to do when you have 5 succeeding days off but watch movies. I love holiday films coz even if the stories aren't so great or special, it's okay because these movies are sure to make you feel good. Here are a few of the best Christmas films, in my opinion...

1. Home Alone - I think this is the best for so many reasons... when my nephews and niece are a bit older and they appreciate movies other than those produced by a certain Walt Disney, I'd want them to experience the best movies of the 90's such as this:


2. It's A Wonderful Life - working in a nursing home for 4 years and having film showing with the residents once a week made me appreciate old movies. This is one of those movies that keeps getting better each time you watch it.


3. Love Actually - funny, heart-warming, real... one of the few British films that I love.


4. Die Hard - I know, it's not exactly a Christmas movie but... one man winning over terrorists on Christmas eve? you gotta love it!


5. The Grinch - favorite actor: Jim Carrey, favorite time of the year: Christmas. put them together... you get this movie!


6. A Christmas Carol - classic read turned into a powerful movie. Reviews say that the 1938 version is the best adaptation but I have not seen that one, neither the 2009 version starring Jim Carrey... still this one is a must see.


7. The Polar Express - story-good; graphics-good; actor-good... what more can you ask for?


8. Elf - funny, funny, funny...


9. White Christmas - if there is a Father Christmas, there's also a Mr. Christmas... and that's Bing Crosby.
Happy watching and Happy Holidays!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment