25 February 2010

I smell corruption all over NAIA..


I just realized, of all the airports I've been to (in London, Bangkok, Singapore, Dubai, HK, Birmingham) the Philippines' international airport is the only one amongst the ones mentioned that charges Terminal Fee. It costs 750 pesos or about $18 and I wonder, what do they use the money for, airport maintenance? I doubt it... the trolleys hardly even move, the toilets are not that clean. It's such a wonder that the airports that are so big and well maintained do not even charge a terminal fee for passengers who use it everyday. Imagine, if 10,000 people pay this fee in each terminal each day, times 750, that's 7.5 million pesos and remember, we have 3 NAIA terminals. Oh well, just saying. My only consolation is that I'm not the only one who pays anyway... Wouldn't you feel better about paying if the airport looked a bit more like these:



Hongkong terminal 1

No comments:

Post a Comment