19 November 2009

Crazy 'bout FLIP!


Two weeks ago, I bought this very cool gadget. This is the Flip Ultra camcorder. I decided to buy it mainly because of my nephews and niece. I thought I'd take videos of their activities to record their milestones.
Here's a list of just a few things I like about the gadget:
- it's very handy (think iPhone, only a bit thicker);
- it runs with 2 AA batteries, so you don't have to worry about it being discharged when you are out. You just have to bring extra batteries and don't worry, the battery life is very reasonable considering there is a live view while shooting. My first set of batteries recorded videos that last well over 2 hours if I add up the length of all the videos I've taken and that does not even include the playbacks.
- it's very affordable, mine is a first generation Flip, bought it for P3,999 (about $80)
- as seen in the image above, it connects to computers directly through USB, and once connected, it automatically starts up the software which will let you directly upload videos to YouTube
- and more importantly, the sound and video quality is very good

Click here to see sample videos, this is the e-journal I made to share videos of my nephews and niece.

I learned about this gadget from one of my favorite blogs: chuvaness.com

To learn more about the new generation Flip, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment