20 November 2009

Vampires, Werewolves, and the end of the world...

Since I am on leave today, I decided I'd watch 2 movies. It has been months since I had the time to watch a film. I already missed out on 500 Days of Summer, This is It, Julie and Julia, and many more... and because there's just simply no one to go with on a working day, I went by myself. I'm not new to watching by myself though, I used to do it a lot back in the days but the last movie I went to alone was Lost in Translation, in Oxford. I decided to watch New Moon and 2012, I caught the first screening of New Moon which I thought would be perfect because the cinema won't be crowded yet but I guess I was wrong. I have never seen too many people in a movie theater at 10:40 in the morning on a weekday. I bet all those younger audience either cut or skipped class.
Anyhow, the movie was good. I won't say much about it except there is a scene between Edward and Bella that lasted more or less 10 seconds that was very cheesy and the movie could have done without it. And, I know I was not the only one who cringed. If only for Jacob Black, I'd say the movie is perfect! Haha! How Taylor Lautner turned from this (in Cheaper by the Dozen 2- 2005):
to this:



in just 4 years or so will remain a mystery to me... on second thoughts, who cares how he did it!

and then there was 2012...


There's something about Roland Emmerich and the end of the world, may it be by disasters or alien invasion(he also directed The Day after Tomorrow and Independence Day), I'm starting to think he has visions of the future. The thought of apocalypse is a bit scary but also a reminder that we will never know what's gonna happen and the only thing that is for sure is that every day is a chance to change, make things right and show some love...
The movie was also good except for the fact that you'd need a billion Euros to be spared from death:) I say... just pray and be ready.

Both movies are worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment